Thursday, October 30, 2014

Buzzing Busy

Every dang day packed with buzzing around busy,
crammed with endless to-do lists,
crowds wanting this, wanting that,
demanding your attention until you bark,
"DRAT!"
"Alone is what I crave. Please God! Just one day in a
cool quiet haven, ALONE without pulls from every corner,
'I wanna this, I wanna that'...'this needs to be done, and,
oh god, that,'
I'm not a bee that has to buzz 'til I collapse!"

Then at last, before you reach berserk,
you have that day - ahhhh, finally...
gourmet dessert! A haven to call your own...
relaxed, comfy nap, no sound - alone.
A few hours pass, you awaken with thoughts
slapping your mind around: "If I don't do it, who will,"
"That isn't done," "Oh, I forgot to..." "Did I do..."
"Okay, just CHILL! I'm doing this!"
 All now calm, you drift off with one last thought:
"I've got to add this to my list."

No comments:

Post a Comment